2017 saw a hint of faux fur, sparkles, suits and wide leg trousers making a much needed comeback.
2018 is here and it is time to have that much needed wardrobe clear out of everything you didn’t need in 2017 and definitely don’t need now.
Fresh off the catwalk from pre-fall 2018 Chanel tried to make leg warmers happen once more and Oscar de la Renta presented some very dreamy gowns, so if that is anything to go by it’s going to be a pretty good year in the fashion world.
To get you started, here is the Style Cloud guide to the top trends to watch out for this year…
Red, Red and more Red 💋
Vogue’s Charlotte Sinclair said: “Revolutions are ignited by it, the camera loves it and people go to court over it – no other colour has the extraordinary appeal of red.” The colour is bold, sexy and striking and that is everything a woman should feel going into the new year. Red coats are a particular favourite of mine as they can liven up even the dullest of outfits. Red accessories can be extremely important to an outfit, whether it is red shoes or red lipstick, red is definitely a contender for the colour of 2018.
1. Aina Red Faux Suede Ruffle Strap Heels – In The Style – £34.99
2. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Fire & Ice – Boots – £7.49
3. Maddie Collared Fur Coat – Boohoo – £45
4. Red Faux Fur Collar Puffer Jacket – River Island – £65
5. Dune Quilted Bag in Red – ASOS – £60
Faux fur coats are my favourite thing about winter, and the thought of carrying them over into 2018 is so exciting as they are better than ever. With new colours such as burgundy and even yellow faux fur, this coat has almost become a staple item in many wardrobes. Cropped faux fur coats and gilets are the ones to watch this year.
1. Red Pelted Faux Fur Coat – Missguided – £65
2. Ampika Brown Faux Fur Cropped Coat – Misspap – was £60 now £54
3. Mustard Premium Faux Fur Coat – Pretty Little Thing – £120
4. Candice Dark Grey Faux Fur Gilet – Misspap – was £50 now £45
5. Kourtney Kardashian x PLT Fuchsia Faux Fur Coat – Pretty Little Thing – was £80 now £40
Paper Bag Waist
The paper bag waist is versatile and great for taking a simple top and creating a jumpsuit look with your outfit. It is also great for testing colours together, as a bold wide leg paper bag waist pair of trousers in a bright red colour can be paired with either a white or a black top. Watch this trend expand further in 2018 with it being seen as part of cigarette pants and suit trousers as well as wide leg.
1. Sarah Ashcroft Nude Flared High Waisted Paperbag Trousers – In The Style – £24.99
2. Navy Paperbag Waist Skinny Trousers – Pretty Little Thing – £15
3. Steph Black Check Paper Bag Trousers – Misspap – were £24 now £21
4. Violet Premium Paper Bag Waist Belted Trouser – Boohoo – £20
Sparkle and Shine 💖 A trend that has been around forever is suddenly soaring in popularity. Metallic pants, metallic bags, metallic nails and sparkles everywhere. It is time to shine and wearing sequins and sparkles can make an outfit stand out in seconds. Lover of the sparkle? In all shades and styles, from gold to silver and everything in between, the shops are shining with them all. Missguided are particularly good at everything metallic.
1. Silver Foiled One Shoulder Mini Dress – Missguided – was £40 now £15
2. Allure Champagne Camisole Top by WYLD – Topshop – £38
3. Shelie Black Sequin Shift Dress – Pretty Little Thing – £35
4. Barry M Liquid Chrome Nail Paint in Glow Crazy – Boots – £3.99
5. Rose Gold Bar Front Foldover Clutch Bag – River Island – £18
Fringing is everywhere in Paris, trimming tops, dresses, jackets and bags on the runway, especially on the numbers from Balmain. Fringe is going to be a major 2018 trend and it can be started so easily. Start by adding a subtle tasseled accessory to your bag or outfit and then make your way up to big statement fringe pieces. Fringed bags are also continuing into the new year, so take note of this famous fashion trend.
1. Fringed Top in Light Pink – Zara – was £19.99 now £12.99
2. White Embroidered Tassel Detail Bodycon Dress – Missguided – £45 3. Petite Black Faux Suede Tassel Jacket – Missguided – £45
4. Sofia Fringed Tassel Duffle Bag – Boohoo – £16
So get ready for 2018 with your best wardrobe style yet. Let us know your favourite trends of 2017 and which you’d like to see in 2018. Happy New Year everyone! 🎉2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣8️⃣🎉